Top 10 Tips for a Successful Visa Interview
The visa interview is the most essential part of the entire process of obtaining a tourist or student visa. In spite of having all of the required documents and meeting all the criteria, visa applications often get refused. Being prepared and knowing what to expect for the visa interview can mean the difference between getting your visa approved or denied. Below are a few tips on preparing for your visa interview.
- Wear formal clothing.
- Be polite, greet the officer with a smile and say “good morning.” (or good afternoon)
- Give brief and to-the-point answers.
- Make direct eye contact with the officer.
- Focus on your study goals and future plans during the interview not your desire to be with family or friends in the USA.
- If you do not understand a question, say “I do not understand. Please repeat the question.”
- Be honest during the interview.
- Be prepared to express why you want to learn in the USA and why you will return to your country.
- Have your financial documents with you and in order.
- Be positive and confident!